You love listening to Amazon Prime Music, but sometimes you wish you could enjoy the music in MP3 format.
You might also want to be able to enjoy those songs forever. The problem is that you might not know how to achieve this.
Is it even possible to rip Amazon Prime Music to MP3?
It is – but you have to download certain programs and follow some important steps.
Without wasting time, let’s check out how to rip Amazon Prime Music to MP3. Once you do, you can start enjoying music in a much more convenient way to fit your lifestyle.
- 1 What Is Amazon Prime Music?
- 2 How To Convert Amazon Music To Mp3
- 3 Is There A Free Music Converter For Amazon Prime Music?
- 4 Is It Illegal To Use A Music Downloader?
- 5 Related Questions
- 6 Conclusion
What Is Amazon Prime Music?
If you’re an Amazon Prime member, you can make use of lots of content that’s available to you (for the price of $12.99 per month).
One of these is music! Amazon Music is a streaming service that’s free with your Prime membership and doesn’t come at any extra cost. It offers you over two million songs that don’t have any bothersome ads. This music includes popular playlists and thousands of music stations. For further convenience, you can listen to the music offline.
To get started with listening to your favorite music, all you have to do is download the Amazon Music app on your device or go to Prime Music. Speaking of devices, you have to ensure you have a compatible one.
You can listen to Amazon Music on all Amazon Echo devices, as well as Fire Tablets, FireTV, and many devices that are Alexa-enabled. However, you can also listen to your favorite music directly from your computer or mobile device, so there are many options at your disposal.
How To Convert Amazon Music To Mp3
To be able to enjoy your Amazon Prime music in MP3 format, you’ll need a tool to help you convert the tracks. A good one to try is TunesKit Audio capture.
This is essentially a streaming audio recorder that records sound from software on your computer and saves it in a variety of formats, with MP3 being one of them.
This enables you to have more device versatility when it comes to how you want to enjoy your music. This tool also ensures that you can record more than one track that’s being played on different programs at the same time.
How To Use TunesKit To Convert Amazon Prime Music To MP3
Once you have downloaded TunesKit Audio Capture, which you can do on Softpedia, you are ready to use it to convert your music to MP3 format.
Here are the steps you will need to follow. Bear in mind that you will have to pay to use the TunesKit service – a personal license costs $19.95. However, there is the chance to download a free trial.
- Once you have downloaded TunesKit, you will launch it on your device.
- After opening it, it will display software on its main interface. You need to drag the Amazon Music app onto this interface so that it gets added to the list of what’s there.
- Now you need to manage your output options to enable you to convert the Amazon Prime music. To do this, press the icon on the right bottom of the screen that looks like a trumpet. Then, enter the format choice – you will choose MP3 as the format you want.
- Once you’ve done that, you can tap the Amazon Music app icon and TunesKit will open it for you.
- Start playing songs you wish to record in the app (or on the Amazon Music website) and then the recording will begin.
- If you move from one song to another, TunesKit will pick this up and create a new track for you so that you won’t end up with a jumbled mess of different music.
- When the recording is finished, you can stop playing the music by pressing “Stop,” which is located at the right bottom corner of the screen.
Can You Edit Your Tracks?
One of the best features about TunesKit is that it enables you to edit your tunes once you have recorded them.
Click the “Edit” icon that appears on each track so that an editing window opens. Here you can cut tracks and also add information to tracks, such as the song’s title, album name, artist name, and more.
When you’re satisfied with the recording and how you’ve edited it, click “OK” and then “Save.” This ensures that the tracks will be saved onto your computer. If you want to save all the music tracks and the clips you’ve cut into one audio file, you’ll have to tick the “merge” box.
Is There A Free Music Converter For Amazon Prime Music?
Maybe you like TunesKit but you don’t want to have to pay all that extra money for a license. We hear you.
In this case, you might want to make use of free tools that promise to convert your songs to MP3 format. Although these are generally easy to use, they’re not very convenient if you have many songs that you want to convert.
In addition to the above, Amazon Prime Music can’t be downloaded onto your computer. If you can’t download the tracks to your computer, how will you be able to upload the files into the free music convertor so that you can turn them into MP3 tracks? It’s clear to see that you might encounter some problems here!
Yikes, so what now?
Luckily, there are other options you have at your disposal. One of them is TunePat Amazon Music Converter. This is used to download Amazon Music files to your computer and the bonus of using it is that it can also convert music tracks into an MP3 format. It’s compatible with both Windows and Mac computers.
The problem? It’s not free. It costs $14.95 per month. There is a free trial available but this only allows you to convert the first three minutes of each song and convert three music files at a time, so you’ll need to overcome these restrictions by purchasing the full version of TunePat.
Still, it’s a good solution if you’re serious about downloading music from Amazon Prime and converting it into Mp3 tracks.
Here’s how to use TunePat:
- Once you’ve downloaded TunePat, open the program and then also sign into your Amazon Prime account.
- Click “Settings” (located on the upper right corner). Here you’ll choose the format you want for the music, such as MP3.
- Once you’ve done that, open a song on Amazon and click “Add” (located on the bottom right of the screen). Choose the songs you want to convert or an entire playlist.
- Click “Convert.”
- Once the tracks have been converted, you’ll be able to see them on your computer.
Is It Illegal To Use A Music Downloader?
The question of whether or not a music downloader is illegal is a complicated one.
It’s said that a music downloader is illegal if you’re using it to download copyrighted music, which is – unfortunately – what most popular music is. Non-copyrighted music is fine for downloading.
Still, as the article specifies, U.S. courts still need to decide if they should ban certain music downloaders.
That said, it’s worth remembering that Amazon does state that you cannot download Amazon Prime Music to your computer. The reason for this is to protect against piracy. And, as Robots reports, using third-party apps to rip content from the platform is ILLEGAL.
So, tread carefully when it comes to how you choose to enjoy your Amazon Prime Music.
What’s the difference between Amazon Prime Music and Amazon Music Unlimited?
One of the major differences between the two is that Amazon Music Unlimited offers around 50 million songs, whereas Prime only has around two million songs.
Can you download Amazon Prime Music for offline playback on more than one device?
Yes, Amazon Prime Music can be downloaded onto four authorized devices for offline playback.
You love music, but you don’t want to have to listen to your Amazon Prime music on certain devices. To gain more versatility when it comes to your audio entertainment, you might want to convert your Prime music to MP3.
In this article, we’ve featured how you can do that easily as well as what you need to know about it, such as when it comes to the legal issues surrounding music downloaders.