Sometimes things that work well together just don’t work for you.
You might love using Twitch but maybe you want to cancel your Amazon Prime subscription so that the two services aren’t combined. Although you can get Twitch for free by signing up to Amazon Prime, you might not want to make use of both services.
Is Twitch Prime now Prime Gaming? Yes, Amazon has changed Twitch Prime by calling it Prime Gaming.
However, not much has changed as you will still be able to enjoy the benefits of signing up.
These include free games, but there’s more to enjoy. Still, maybe you want to use Amazon Prime and Twitch separately. So, with that in mind, let’s check out what to know about Twitch, Amazon Prime, and how to disconnect them.
- 1 What, Exactly, Is Twitch?
- 2 How Twitch Is Linked To Amazon Prime
- 3 How To Unlink Amazon Prime From Twitch:
- 4 How To Cancel Twitch Prime
- 5 Do You Need To Cancel Your Twitch Turbo Subscription?
- 6 Can You Use Twitch Prime Without Amazon Prime?
- 7 How To Enjoy Twitch Without Prime
- 8 Related Questions
- 9 Conclusion
What, Exactly, Is Twitch?
Before you can find out how to unlink Amazon Prime from Twitch, you might want to know more about Twitch.
Twitch is a live-streaming platform that’s useful for gamers because it allows you to broadcast your gameplay or activity by sharing your screen with your fans so people can watch you in real time.
How it works for you as a viewer is that when you watch a live stream, you’ll be viewing a split-screen display so you can see what the streamer is actually seeing on their monitor, so it’s quite immersive.
You’ll also have a smaller window on the edge of their stream at your disposal to allow you to hear and see them play. You’ll feel like you’re playing games with your buddy because you can comment on what you see and you might even be able to ask questions and receive answers from the streamers in real time!
If you love a game that you’ve seen, you can purchase it through links on streams, and the streamers will receive commissions on the sales. As a bonus, you can save streams so you can watch a stream that was previously streamed when you have more time.
Is Twitch just about games?
You don’t have to be a gaming fanatic in order to enjoy Twitch. You can make use of many other features, such as channels that are about various interests and hobbies.
What’s great is that Twitch also runs special events sometimes. A memorable example was the Power Rangers marathon. It aired over 800 episodes of the TV series and allowed fans to chat about it as they watched. These chats have also occurred for other TV series, proving that Twitch is also focused on community.
It’s a place where people can get together and enjoy content. If you love games or you want to stay clued up on certain interests and hobbies that feature a lot in Twitch, it’s a good service to consider adding to your current streaming list.
How Twitch Is Linked To Amazon Prime
If you want to make use of Twitch and Amazon Prime, you’ll be able to enjoy Twitch Prime.
What this enables you to do is make use of in-game content, free games, and other perks. You’ll also be able to enjoy a free Twitch channel subscription so you can support your favorite streamer.
To make use of Twitch Prime, you need to connect it to your Amazon Prime membership. But, maybe you want to disconnect it. In that case, you’ll first have to bear this in mind: Before you try to unlink your Amazon Prime and Twitch accounts, it’s important to know that this connection is required for various Twitch features. If you unlink them, this will cause you to lose out on access to gaming perks, such as free loot in games.
It’s really easy to unlink Prime from Twitch. Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to your Amazon account and sign in.
- Go to “Settings. ”
- Click “Manage Twitch Account.”
- Click “Unlink account”, which is located next to the Twitch account you will like to disconnect.
It’s really that simple!
But, things can become a little sticky if you want to remove your Twitch Prime membership without sacrificing your Amazon Prime or Twitch accounts! That’s easier said than done because Twitch Prime is linked to your Amazon Prime subscription.
If you cancel your Prime subscription, the result is that your Twitch account will automatically be removed from your Amazon account but you’ll also cancel your Amazon Prime membership, so tread with caution.
If you need to cancel Twitch, you’ll have to unlink your Amazon Prime account from your Twitch account.
How To Cancel Twitch Prime
- Log into your Twitch account.
- Click on your profile and choose “Settings” on the screen that appears.
- Click the “Connections” tab.
- Then, click the grey button with the word “Disconnect” on it.
- A pop-up window will appear. When it does, click, “Yes, disconnect” to confirm your actions.
- The above instructions will help you to cancel your Twitch Prime without cancelling your Amazon Prime subscription, so you’ll still be able to enjoy all the other Prime benefits that you enjoy so much.
Do You Need To Cancel Your Twitch Turbo Subscription?
If you have Twitch Turbo but you also have Prime, which is one of the plans you can make use of on Twitch (more on those later), you should delete it so that you can pay for the same services by using Amazon Prime.
It just makes so much more sense to have everything in one account. Here’s how to do it.
- Go to “Settings” and head to “Turbo Click.”
- Choose the “Don’t renew” option.
- Then, just go ahead and sign up for Turbo Prime by using Amazon Prime.
Can You Use Twitch Prime Without Amazon Prime?
When Twitch and Amazon Prime are not linked, can you still get Twitch Prime?
You will have to set up an Amazon account and subscribe to Amazon Prime or get a Prime Video membership, otherwise you won’t be able to make use of Twitch Prime. While a full Prime membership is $12.99 per month, a Prime Video membership costs $8.99.
Here’s how to get Twitch Prime:
- Go to Twitch.tv and sign into your account.
- Click “Try Prime.”
- Choose “Activate Twitch Prime.”
- Follow the instructions that come on the screen so you can set up your account. You will also be able to enter your payment details.
How To Enjoy Twitch Without Prime
You might be wondering if you really need to have a Twitch account. You don’t unless you need to stream or interact with channels.
If you opt for a free account, you can still contribute to most stream chats, stream for yourself, and follow channels. If you choose to subscribe to a channel, it will cost you $4.99 per month, but it gives you extra benefits, such as ad-free viewing, channel badges, and custom chat emotes.
If you’re interested in signing up with Twitch, it’s good to know that you have two paid plans at your disposal. These are Turbo and Prime.
- Twitch Turbo enables ad-free viewing for all your streams, an exclusive chat badge, two sets of emotes, custom chat username colors, and extra broadcast storage. You can also make use of ad-free viewing. This comes with the price tag of $8.99 per month.
- Twitch Prime: To make use of Amazon Prime benefits, you’ll have to get an Amazon Prime or Prime Video subscription. You’ll be able to get a free monthly subscription to any channel you want, game loot, free games, and chat privileges such as colors, custom badges, and emotes. However, the small catch is that you’ll have to download the Twitch desktop app.
Can you get Amazon Prime for free?
You will need to punch in a valid credit card or debit card when you sign up for Amazon Prime, even if you intend on using the 30-day free trial.
What are Twitch channels?
Channels can be found on the Twitch website where you can watch live streams from broadcasters. You can watch channels on Twitch for free.
If you want to disconnect your Amazon Prime from Twitch membership, there are ways to do this. In this article, we’ve featured all the instructions you need to follow to unlink your Prime and Twitch accounts.
However, it’s worth bearing in mind that with all the Prime benefits you can gain by linking Twitch to Prime, you might want to leave your Prime account just where it is! Let the games play on.