If you want to start watching movies in a much more convenient way, you should make use of Amazon Prime.
This is a streaming video service that enables you to watch a variety of movies and TV shows on your devices.
What movies are available on Amazon Prime? Amazon Prime offers a variety of movies in various genres. You’ll have over 12,000 movies to choose from so you’ll never feel like there’s nothing to watch.
While you might love all the other perks that are included in your Prime membership, such as fast shipping and access to music and books, you shouldn’t miss out on making the most of video content.
If you’re just new to Amazon Prime, you might not know how to go about searching for movies. Here’s your ultimate guide.
- 1 How To Search Movies On Amazon Prime
- 2 How To Search For Movies On Your Mobile Phone
- 3 Should You Search For Movies On Amazon Prime Via Your Smart TV?
- 4 How To Search For Movies On Amazon Prime Via The Website
- 5 Other Tips For Searching For Movies On Amazon Prime
- 6 How To Prevent Movie Recommendations On Prime
- 7 Do All Movies On Prime Video Have Subtitles?
- 8 Related Questions
- 9 Conclusion
How To Search Movies On Amazon Prime
It’s really easy and straightforward to search for movies on Amazon Prime. Here are the steps to follow.
- If you’re an Amazon Prime beginner, you’ll first need to have installed the Amazon Video app on your device. Once you’ve downloaded it, you should open the app on your device or smart TV.
- With the use of arrow buttons on your remote or controller, you will highlight and select “search,” that’s located in the top menu.
- Type the name of a TV series or movie in the search bar.
- The results matching the word/words you’re typing will appear.
- If your search results have brought up more than one show/movie, you can use the arrow buttons to scroll through them so that you can find what you’re searching for.
It’s really easy!
How To Search For Movies On Your Mobile Phone
Maybe you’d rather watch your favorite content on your mobile device. If so, you’re in luck because you can access Amazon Prime Video on your iOS or Android device.
Searching on these devices is usually more user-friendly than on a TV. This is because you’ll be able to type and browse at a faster pace. Here’s what to do:
- Open the Prime app on your device.
- Then, click on “search” from the bottom menu.
- After tapping on the search bar, you want to type the name of the show or movie that you want to find.
- Some suggested phrases will come up and you can tap any of them, or just tap the “search” key on your keyboard to view the results for what you have typed.
- Either scroll through the results that have shown up or click on “filter” so that you can refine your search even more.
- Choose “content type,” then tap “movies” or “TV shows” to refine your search with a filter. This is handy if you want to search for movies/TV shows only.
Note: If you wish to download movies or TV shows onto your device, you can do this via the app, whether you’re using a tablet or smartphone. That’s a bonus of using your mobile to stream movies because you don’t get this option with your computer or laptop.
Should You Search For Movies On Amazon Prime Via Your Smart TV?
While this might seem convenient because most of the smart TVs you’ll find on the market will offer a search function, it’s advisable not to use them when you want to search for series and movies on Amazon Prime.
This is because the results you’re looking for will be combined with content from other streaming apps and TV channels, which can make the experience quite confusing and frustrating.
How To Search For Movies On Amazon Prime Via The Website
It’s said that searching for movies or TV shows on Amazon Prime Video is actually best done directly on the Amazon website.
Here, you have a variety of dedicated categories, new releases, upcoming content, 4K UHD, and free content to browse.
When you find something you want to watch, you simply have to place your cursor over the “+” icon and click, “Add to watchlist.” This will ensure that the content will be available on the Prime Video app so you can connect to it.
You can also browse through what’s available on the home page as Amazon usually features a string of movies to check out. Hover your cursor over the movie icons to see what the movies are about and view their user ratings.
Other Tips For Searching For Movies On Amazon Prime
- Not only can you search for a movie by putting its title in the search bar, but you can also search according to movie directors, actors, and movie genres.
- You can filter search results so that you only see shows that are included with Prime Video for free.
- You’ll be able to make use of a valuable watchlist. This is a feature on Amazon Prime that allows you to keep track of movies you want to watch in a convenient list so that you have quick access to them. You can access this watchlist from your computer by going to the Prime Video website and choosing the “Watchlist” option from the top menu. If you’re accessing this feature from an app, you’ll also choose “Watchlist” from the menu, while on a Fire TV device you’ll have to choose “Your Videos” from the menu, then find the “Watchlist” category.
- You can make use of other search tools. If you don’t like the suggestions that come up in Amazon Prime Video’s search, you can use an online tool such as JustWatch. It helps you find content that’s streaming on available services and you can use it as a more extensive search function for Prime.
How To Prevent Movie Recommendations On Prime
If you’re sick of receiving movie recommendations on Amazon Prime, you can easily edit your settings so that Prime doesn’t find movies for you to watch that are similar to what you have in your viewing history.
This is especially useful if you didn’t enjoy a specific movie – you won’t want to receive recommendations for similar ones!
You can stop movie recommendations from showing by opening “Watch History” in your Prime Video settings. You can’t completely remove the entire list of what you’ve watched so you’ll have to individually remove a TV show or movie from the list.
You can also check the box that states “I prefer not to use this for recommendations”.
Follow these steps to do it:
- Login to the Amazon website.
- Click the three bars in the upper left corner.
- Click “Prime Video,” then “Menu.”
- In the drop-down menu, click “Settings.”
- Click “Watch history.”
- Now, click “View watch history.”
- You’ll see a list of your viewing history come up. You can scroll through it and click “Remove this from watched videos” next to the title.
- Or, just click, “I prefer not to use this for recommendations.”
Do All Movies On Prime Video Have Subtitles?
Subtitles in movies can have many purposes.
If you’re hard of hearing, they can help you make sense of the shows you’re watching, but they can also help if you can’t play your video loudly because you don’t wish to disturb other members of your household.
Amazon Prime Video has some cool subtitle-related features, such as that you can adjust the color and size of the subtitles so that they’re easy to see. You can turn subtitles on in one show/movie and they will remain for other content you watch at a later stage.
Subtitles are available for most movies on Amazon Prime so you don’t have to search for them specifically.
How do you know if a movie or show is free on Amazon Prime?
If it’s free it will have “included with Prime” next to its name. If it’s found next to a category, this means all of the titles that are within that category can be watched for free.
How much do movies cost on Amazon Prime?
To rent a movie, you can expect to pay between $2.99 to $5.99, and buying a movie can cost from $7.99 to $19.99. The differences are as a result of how recent the movie is and its quality, such as if it’s standard or high definition.
You love watching the latest movies, and now that you have Amazon Prime you can expect to have tons of new and exciting content to enjoy right at your fingertips for free with your Prime subscription.
How do you start to enjoy all the best movies on Prime? After reading this article, you now know how to search for movies on Amazon Prime in quick and easy ways, no matter your device.