You enjoyed your Amazon Prime TV show so much that you’d love to go back to watch it again.
Or maybe you were interrupted and didn’t manage to watch the episode in its entirety so you want to try to get it back. What you might find is that it’s not as simple to do this as you would have liked!
Can you go back to an episode on Amazon Prime?
You can, but there are some important limitations and things to know.
With that in mind, let’s check out how to go back to an episode on Amazon Prime so you don’t have to miss out on your favorite entertainment. We’ll start with something you might not realize about Amazon Prime: there’s a certain time limit when it comes to being able to watch your content.
- 1 How Long Do You Have To Watch Downloaded Shows On Amazon Prime?
- 2 How To Access Your Watchlist On Amazon Prime
- 3 How To Locate A TV Show On Your Watchlist
- 4 Where Have Some Of My TV Show Episodes Gone?!
- 5 Issues With The “Play From Beginning” Option
- 6 Extra For Making The Best Of TV Shows On Amazon Prime
- 7 Related Questions
- 8 Conclusion
How Long Do You Have To Watch Downloaded Shows On Amazon Prime?
Here’s the thing. If you downloaded a TV show or movie and watched it only to want to go back and watch it again, you have to make sure that you’re within the time frame given to you by Amazon to watch it.
Basically, when you download content, you have 30 days to begin watching it and once you start watching it you only have 48 hours to complete it.
How To Access Your Watchlist On Amazon Prime
To view the list of TV shows and movies that you have downloaded, you will have to access your Watchlist.
This is basically where you save Amazon Prime titles you want to watch later, so that they’re in a convenient place. Accessing your Watchlist will differ depending on the device you’re using.
- If you’re using a computer: you will have to go to the Prime Video website. In the top menu, click on “Watchlist.”
- If you’re using a Prime Video app: you can easily choose “Watchlist” from the menu.
- If you’re using an Amazon Fire TV device: you will need to choose “Your videos” from the menu, then pick “Watchlist.”
However, it’s important to note that content you add to your Watchlist won’t be available to playback until you rent or buy it.
How To Locate A TV Show On Your Watchlist
It can be a bit difficult to find the TV show season or episode that you want to watch again.
Some people who have used Amazon Prime have reported on forums that they battle to go back to a TV show season that they already watched and find episodes that they want to rewatch – so it’s not only happening to you.
The reason for it? You can’t reset your watchlist on Amazon Prime. However, there is a video tutorial that shows how to work around this issue so that you don’t have to say goodbye to your favorite TV show episode.
- To start, you’ll have to log into your Amazon Prime app.
- In your watchlist, go to a TV show season that you want to watch again.
- Press the “Play” button that’s located next to the season.
- You won’t play the whole show, obviously. When the opening scene of the show is displayed, you will need to click on to the next episode in the season.
- You will have to move through all the episodes, then return to the watchlist and refresh the page.
- You will now see those videos come up because your watchlist will have been reset. This enables you to watch the episodes again and stay up to date with what you’ve watched.
Note: If you want to just re-watch one episode, you can try pressing and holding the “Play” button next to it so that a pop-up menu comes up. You’ll have the opportunity to mark it as unwatched, which will make it easier to locate and re-watch.
Where Have Some Of My TV Show Episodes Gone?!
It’s frustrating, but it sometimes happens that shows you were watching disappear from your list.
This makes it impossible to re-watch them, and this is quite a common problem talked about on forums. It can happen because only certain TV shows or movie titles will be available as a result of Amazon’s agreements with the content providers, which can cause some titles to not be available for purchase.
Another important thing to bear in mind is that you have a limited time in which to view your content, as we mentioned earlier. This means that if you don’t watch the movie or TV show within that time, it will vanish from your watchlist. So, keep an eye on when you’ve purchased or rented content so you don’t lose it!
Issues With The “Play From Beginning” Option
Have you ever experienced updating your Amazon Prime app only to find that it messes up the way you can watch and rewatch TV show episodes?
For example, what has been noted to happen is that when you browse through episodes other than the one that’s set to play next in a TV show series season, you can only resume watching them.
If you already watched an episode in the list, the playback tends to resume right at the end of the episode. Yup, it’s frustrating, and some Amazon Prime subscribers have experienced this on their Xbox devices.
So, what can you do?
It might help you to turn off the autoplay feature that enables you to automatically play the next episode in the season. It even gets in the way when you’re watching a movie, such as by immediately playing the next movie that has been recommended for you based on your viewing history.
By turning this feature off, it will prevent the episodes from flowing into each other, and enable you to rewind on the episode that you want to watch.
Here’s how to turn off autoplay in Amazon Prime Video:
On the internet: log into your Amazon account and head over to the Amazon Prime page. Click on “Playback.” Here you’ll see a screen come up that gives you the choice to choose “on” or “off.” Choose “off.”
On the Amazon Prime app on your Apple device: you will have to open the Amazon Prime app on your device. Click on the “My stuff” icon, located on the bottom right corner of the screen. Click “Settings” in the top right corner. Click “Autoplay.” You’ll see that “Allow Autoplay on this device” will come up as an option. Turn it off.
Other Ways To Deal With This Issue
- Log into your account and go to your “Accounts and Lists.”
- Then, press “Your recommendations.”
- Choose “Improve your recommendations.”
- Underneath that option, you’ll choose “Videos you’ve watched.”
You’ll have to remove the content from your watched videos so that it’s like you haven’t watched it.
- Go to “Your account” and view “Digital Content and Devices.” Here you’ll find “Prime Video Settings.”
- Under “Watch History,” you can choose “Remove.”
This essentially wipes out your viewing history so that you will be able to play episodes from the beginning.
Extra For Making The Best Of TV Shows On Amazon Prime
- Download the shows for offline viewing. This is a fantastic way to binge-watch your favorite TV shows if you’re battling with an unreliable internet connection or if you’re traveling and don’t want to miss out on your content. You can download shows to your iOS, Android, or Kindle Fire device, but the device obviously needs to have the Amazon Prime app installed.
- Get free content. Since Amazon owns IMDb, you can get some free TV shows that you can watch on Amazon Kindle Fire and other Fire TV devices. Examples of TV shows that you’ll be able to watch include The Bachelor and Without A Trace.
What’s the device limit for Amazon Prime Video?
You can stream a maximum of three videos simultaneously with the same Amazon account and you can stream it to two devices at a time.
Some devices will have a “Purchases & Rentals” option on the Prime app instead of the “My Stuff” menu. Here you will see your content.
If you want to return to a certain TV show episode on Amazon Prime, you might encounter some difficulty. But after reading this article, you now know how to find the content you want to watch and enjoy it all over again.
While it might not always be super-convenient to return to the start of an episode you’d like to revisit, it is possible to do. Now you know how to do it!