Maybe you have a black belt in shopping, but the following scenario can still happen to you: you’re in urgent need of a specific grocery or household item and you need it for same-day delivery, perhaps because you need to give it to a loved one as a gift or you’re hosting a party.
You’ve heard about Amazon Prime, but what is Amazon Prime Now, and can it help you?
Amazon Prime Now is a service provided to enhance people’s online shopping by making it even more convenient, so you can use it when you find yourself in a bind and urgently needing a specific item to be delivered to your door.
“But I thought Amazon Prime already did that?” You might be wondering why Amazon Now is required if you already have Amazon Prime. Well, Prime Now brings subscribers thousands of products to their homes with one-hour delivery or free two-hour delivery.
This means you’ll get those last-minute items you totally forgot to buy immediately without having to endure long delivery times. With that in mind, let’s look at some Amazon Prime Now tips that every shopper should know about.
Amazon Prime Now: What’s It All About?
Amazon Prime Now is your one-stop shop for various items, and not just those items you need urgently. It’s also a great way to purchase everyday items and groceries.
This is because it has a lot to offer – as of 2018, Amazon Prime Now was said to have 945,827 products that were available for purchase. You can shop from a variety of item categories, such as Grocery & Gourmet Food, Health, Household & Baby Care, and more.
Amazon Prime Now Tips And Tricks
In order to make the most of Amazon Prime Now, there are some tips you should know about. Let’s take a look at them.
- To get started with Prime Now, all you have to do is download the Prime Now app or you can shop directly from the Prime Now website. Once there, start searching for items you need, choose a delivery time slot, and then head to the checkout.
- You’ll never be left wondering when you’ll receive your order, as is the case with other online shopping platforms because you’ll get order updates via text and also be alerted when your delivery is a few minutes away from your location. Using these features makes it even easier than ever to ensure that you get what you need when you need it, without delay.
- If you’re only looking to purchase groceries from the app or website, it’s valuable to know that Amazon Prime members get savings at Whole Foods, so if this service is available in your location then it’s good to make the most of it. Be sure to choose the “Prime members save more” option if you’re shopping for Whole Foods produce as this will ensure you get the best deals possible!
- Scroll down on the product page when you see something you like. Here, you’ll be able to see customers’ reviews of the specific product. This is valuable info because it can prevent you from purchasing a product that you’ll later regret, and it’s especially useful if the product images are misleading. For example, you might have wanted to purchase an item only to read that people had purchased it thinking it was available in a larger quantity than what they received in their delivery. This will help you steer clear of any shopping faux pas.
- You can avoid being charged delivery fees when shopping on Amazon Prime Now simply by purchasing an order that’s $35 or more. If you regularly shop for groceries and other items online, this amount won’t be a difficult target to reach.
- You want to receive your items really quickly, but beware that there’s quite a difference in how much you’ll be charged for a one-hour delivery versus a two-hour delivery. A one-hour delivery will require you to spend an extra $4.99 even if your purchases meet the required minimum amount of money to be spent. You can completely prevent having to pay this by choosing to get your delivery within two hours of your purchase. So, if you don’t need your delivery very urgently, consider the two-hour delivery option.
- Prime Now is available in many cities and metropolitan areas. You should find out if the service is available in your area – just check out the Prime Now website and enter your ZIP code. Not only is this a good way to find out if you can make use of Prime Now, but it will also inform you of what items you can buy, which will save you time when you actually start looking for items to purchase.
- Receive your shopping faster by choosing the best time to place your order. While you won’t get your delivery in the small hours of the morning, it’s good to know that Amazon Prime Now will deliver to their customers from early morning to late evening, seven days a week, although the exact hours aren’t specified. Still, this is great because it means that even if you realize you need an urgent item on a Sunday, you can still go ahead and purchase it on the website or app.
- Make sure you tip the Amazon driver. You might be used to receiving Amazon orders from a courier company, but Amazon Prime Now works differently. The orders are delivered by Prime Now employees, so it’s important to give the delivery people a tip. Generally, tips are set to $5, but you can use the Prime Now website or app to decide the amount you want to tip.
- You might worry that you have to be home for your delivery, but Amazon Prime Now makes it really convenient to accommodate your schedule and still ensure that you receive the urgent items you ordered. When you checkout with your delivery items, you can fill out a form of instructions for the delivery person so that they will be alerted that you won’t be home and someone else will receive the parcel for you. But there’s another cool option you can choose – you might be eligible to receive in-home deliveries when you’re not home because they will be left in your entryway. These deliveries will be accessed with the use of a smart lock, but you’ll need to ensure you’re in an area where both Prime Now and Amazon’s Key program are available.
How does Key work? The delivery person will knock on your door and use an Amazon handheld scanner to request to unlock the door. Amazon will verify the driver is at your door as well as that the package is meant for your address. The driver will gain access to your home and place the package in your home’s entryway, then request that your door gets locked. You’ll receive a notification when the package has been left in your home.
- To make using the Amazon Prime Now app easier than ever, you can manage your settings by clicking the three hyphens that are in the top left-hand corner of the page. Here, you’ll be able to edit a variety of settings, such as your location, as well as ask questions and view your account status.
What’s the difference between Amazon Fresh and Amazon Prime Now?
One of the biggest differences between Amazon Fresh and Amazon Prime Now is that Amazon Prime Now offers one-hour delivery, whereas Amazon Fresh generally will deliver within two to three hours.
How much should you tip the Amazon Prime Now driver if you’re receiving multiple boxes?
If there’s no lift service to your apartment floor or you have many packages to carry, it’s good to bump up your driver’s tip to around $10 or $15.
Can I purchase electronics on Amazon Prime Now?
Yes! There are loads of other items available for purchase, such as gifts and seasonal items.
If you need to receive urgent items, perhaps because you’re hosting a party in a few hours or you completely forgot an important item at the store, you don’t have to worry – or change out of your pyjamas to head over to the local store.
You can just make use of Amazon Prime Now. In this article, we’ve looked at what this service for Prime members is all about and how you can make the most of it by following some important tips. Happy shopping!